New to Quail Keeping

Hello there and welcome to BYC!

Quail are so much fun to keep! Such a big personality in a tiny package. Love your photos! Have you stopped by our Quail section yet? You can share pics and stories of your quail there... https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/quail.48/

Enjoy your flock and welcome to ours!
I haven’t, thanks so much for the link! Psyched to get to know more people in this community 🙌

Hey there guys! I’m new to the community and to keeping quail. My sister has kept chickens for a decade and suggested I join this great site! Psyched to be here.

I have a brood of new quail babies (jumbos, a couple goldens and one I’m not so sure what yet) and my family is enjoying them a whole lot. They’re giving us lots to do and watch during this covid-19 isolation period.

My family and I are pretty outdoorsy. I managed a fly shop and guided a bit before having kids. Now I’m focusing on turning my kiddos into passionate anglers. Happy to be here and to get to know the community.
Cheers
judging from this you are doing great taking care of them make sure they have very small check crumble and water with marbles in it they can drown in less than an inch of water replace their bedding a lot and when they become adults you no longer have to put marbles in their water put them in an extremely secure coop you must make sure that a 1 inch by 1/2 inch stick cannot go through the bars I made this mistake and raccoons reach through and caught one of my coils and ripped it limb by limb through the cage and left my other quail traumatized use very thick wood to lie in it there should only be 1 window in a square coop one side of it will be see through and the other three will be walls use two layers of hardware cloth and a layer of strong bars 1 male for every two females as a minimum you must be very careful for the floor too it must be elevated and not be wet there must always be a dry place for quails if there is not they will die but once you get the hang of it they're very easy to take care of.

Back
Top Bottom