New to Quail - Poop Analysis

They're a bit young for mealworms, so I wouldn't give them any more until they're 4-6 weeks old, but it sounds like you're feeding them well. I wouldn't worry about a single foamy poop.
Ok thank you. Can you explain why mealworms is a problem at a younger age? I had tried to look up when they are appropriate previously and couldn't find a clear answer.

Any suggestions for appropriate treats at this age? Hoping to keep socializing them.

Definitely the treats in moderation at any age, and I would not feed any until after four weeks. We’ve hatched and raised a couple thousand Coturnix over the years and that’s normal for young quail. The game bird starter is 28-30% protein. Combined with the mealworms may be a little too much protein. Probiotic helps with most gut issues when only a couple weeks old.
Any recommendations on products/brands for probiotics?

Ok thank you. Can you explain why mealworms is a problem at a younger age? I had tried to look up when they are appropriate previously and couldn't find a clear answer.

Any suggestions for appropriate treats at this age? Hoping to keep socializing them.
Mostly because balanced nutrition is very important for the first several weeks when they're growing so much. The feed should have the proper balance and you don't want to change the balance by adding treats.

Back
Top Bottom