new to raising chickens in NJ

chickobsessed

Chirping
7 Years
May 19, 2012
Jackson, NJ
Hello everyone,
frow.gif
I have always been interested in chickens and about 5 years ago decided i would soon get some. Although it took me 5 years to actually do so, i recently got my first chicks.
jumpy.gif
The chicks are about 12 weeks old now. Everytime i go onto the web site and read about the different types of chickens i decide i want another one. I have been totally obsessed with them. I now have almost 40 chicks. i spend all my free time taking care of them and building my first coop. Which by the way is now too small. I will have to build another. My family and most of my friends think i am crazy. I have at least realized, reading all of the posts and pages from everyone on byc, that if i am crazy, there are an awful lot of us out there the same as i. It has deffinately become an obsession for me. But I'm loving every minute of it. I love this site. At least i know I'm not as crazy as my family thinks, for having chickens anyway!
smile.png

Welcome to the coop of BYC!
yippiechickie.gif
I do believe we're all a little chicken-crazy here - it's what makes this website all the more special. Very glad to have you!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us chicken crazy peeps!
highfive.gif

Welcome to BYC! There are worse things you could become obsessed over than chickens! Enjoy building the new coop (there are lots of great ideas on the site). So far I've resisted adding one of every type I want. But maybe someday...

Hello and :welcome

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new hobby! Wow, 5 years, that's a long wait :lol:
Chicken folks have a name for buying more chicks, it's called "chicken math", hehe.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site :D

Greetings from New York!
welcome-byc.gif
!!! I too waited (not quite 5 years, but close) - wanted to do it right. It was well worth the wait. Nothing wrong with "a little crazy". Enjoy your peeps.

Back
Top Bottom