New to raising chickens

JCLR

In the Brooder
May 2, 2021
Hi! I’m just getting started and would love to hear from people in my area (Richland, WA) and beyond about how to raise layer chickens and keep them safe in a hot climate with predators including hawks, owls, raccoons, skunks and coyotes. I’m looking at getting a chicken tractor and seeking to move it around on a 1 acre unfenced parcel. Looking forward to hearing your input!

Hi! I’m just getting started and would love to hear from people in my area (Richland, WA) and beyond about how to raise layer chickens and keep them safe in a hot climate with predators including hawks, owls, raccoons, skunks and coyotes. I’m looking at getting a chicken tractor and seeking to move it around on a 1 acre unfenced parcel. Looking forward to hearing your input!

Other side of the state here Welcome to Backyard Chickens.
This is our state thread
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...me-together-washington-peeps.717207/page-4951

Welcome to BYC! You are in the right place for information and advice on raising laying hens! First,make sure your tractor is big enough for the amount of hens you plan to have. They will also need nesting boxes if you only plan on keeping them in the chicken tractor. Unless you are getting pullets or grown hens you will need a brooder until they are old enough to place outside in the tractor. We have a lot of how to videos to learn from so find yourself a video or three and set back and enjoy!!

1619994769303.png

Back
Top Bottom