New to Raising Chickens!

What sweet babies! Bet they enjoyed their field trip.

Ah, yes, no one seems to tell you that "chicks are dusty." But after raising countless babies in an upstairs bedroom brooder, I can attest to the incredible amount of dust created by tiny birds.

Glad that lurking for a while showed you how worthwhile it is to become a member of this community. Welcome to BYC!
I’m just lucky they’re in a small room right now, so the dust clean up once they’re outside will be contained. Definitely going to look into outdoor brooding if I end up getting more chicks down the line cause the dust is ridiculous 😂
And they loved their field trip. I let them roam a couple hours today too. It’s supposed to get kind of cold and rain for a few days but I think they should be good to go outside next week once the rain clears!

Welcome. They are so cute. I don't know of a way to keep a rooster quiet.
I’ve seen a few posts of people saying their roo is pretty chill and then I’ve seen others say their rooster literally crows all day lol. So I guess I’m just hoping that if I do have a rooster, it would lean towards the chiller side and I might be able to get away with him.
Also, I guess there’s like a rooster collar that works for some people. It doesn’t stop them crowing but it keeps them from being able to crow so loudly.

I’ve seen a few posts of people saying their roo is pretty chill and then I’ve seen others say their rooster literally crows all day lol. So I guess I’m just hoping that if I do have a rooster, it would lean towards the chiller side and I might be able to get away with him.
Also, I guess there’s like a rooster collar that works for some people. It doesn’t stop them crowing but it keeps them from being able to crow so loudly.
Mine crows when he hears my voice because he wants me to come see him. While it is cute and a good reason, for those who do not want the noise, it doesn’t work

Roosters are usually pretty loud. No crow collars can kill a rooster. I'd start looking for a home, just in case. Hopefully you have a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom