• Here's how

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Help

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JWGavin83

Hatching
Jun 8, 2018
Hey all, I just became new to raising chickens and ducks. I currently have 4 chickens and 2 ducks...male and female. Soon enough they will start to lay eggs and our goal at the moment is to raise ducklings. How, and what should I do to make sure this process is going well. The ducks are probably 3 1/2 months old and soon will be laying. Do I incubate them or let them lay on them and how do I tell the difference?

Hey all, I just became new to raising chickens and ducks. I currently have 4 chickens and 2 ducks...male and female. Soon enough they will start to lay eggs and our goal at the moment is to raise ducklings. How, and what should I do to make sure this process is going well. The ducks are probably 3 1/2 months old and soon will be laying. Do I incubate them or let them lay on them and how do I tell the difference?
Momma duck will incubate them far better than you'll ever be able to; ducks have been doing it for several years

If the breed isn’t known for going broody I wouldn’t waste time waiting for her. I’ve had chickens for 5 years and have only had 2 birds go broody. One was actually a red star who don’t tend to go broody, and my barred rock who is currently sitting on eggs.

Back
Top Bottom