New to site looking for suggestion!!

TRyan

In the Brooder
Sep 20, 2018
We have had chickens for 3 years now, the whole family participates and we usually give all the extra eggs to the widows at our church or the food pantry....have watched the forums here on BYC some, thought I should join the group because we are planning to expand what was a hobby into maybe selling...we also want to get into a few other livestock but one step at a time.... just started hatching some as the older chicks are not producing as much and starting to die off... we have some red sex links, road island reds, buffs and just recently got barred rocks with a 4 H project. have 40-50 birds.... the current eggs get dirty and pecked so we are looking into the roll away boxes... looking for thought on the Hen Gear box vs the Best Nest box... any help is greatly appreciated...

:welcome

Nice to have you here!

I've never used a roll away box so can't give an opinion on either one. Have you checked the Reviews (brown tab at the top) to see if either has a member review there? I know some members have made their own.

Best of luck to you!

Howdy :frow and Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Glad to have you here with us. Enjoy your time here at BYC! I don't use nest boxes, so I have no opinion on them...@N F C has given you an excellent lead to follow. Hope you find what you need to know about nest boxes.

Thanks for joining our community! :celebrate

Welcome to BYC!
:yesss: We are glad you joined our flock!
I have never heard of either so I looked them both up.
The HenGear ones look pretty good but pricey, imo.
The Best Nest Boxes look pretty close to the HenGear ones but are quite a bit cheaper.
Have you thought about making one?
This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops

BYC has an APP

Hello and welcome ,
I’d not pay those prices when the problem might not be the nesting box but the nesting material...and box size.

I used straw and had poopy eggs ,since I’ve switched to sand I might have a dirty one every few days...

Also make sure your nesting boxes are big , they like to pile in 16x16 is a great size . There’s a man on here that made one big enough for a few hens , it’s an interesting concept for sure !!

Back
Top Bottom