New to the chicken life...

Oh man! My 9 year old is in love with one of them and says he wants to keep him 'forever'
1f626.png
os there such a bird as a white Orphington?

Oh man! My 9 year old is in love with one of them and says he wants to keep him 'forever'
1f626.png
os there such a bird as a white Orphington?

Yes there is. But you'll likely have to search pretty far to find one and they typically aren't cheap.

You might also consider a White Standard Cornish. Standard Cornish are the ancestors of Cornish Cross, and while they share their bowling-ball style body shape and heft, they grow slowly, like a normal chicken, and so are capable of leading full, healthy lives. Granted, Standard Cornish will also likely fall into the category of hard to find and expensive.

I was in your shoes with a cornish cross rooster that my son loved. We kept him, made him free range constantly, and only fed him once to twice a day (small meals). He lived over two years and mostly acted like a normal chicken. If you keep them, be prepared to put them down if their health gets bad. We were lucky with our boy. He was active until his last day.

Back
Top Bottom