New to the flock

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by weebles&wobblesmom, Mar 24, 2011.

1. weebles&wobblesmom

weebles&wobblesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes I am new. Been thinking about getting some but husband says we don't have room and our dogs would kill them.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I HAD 1. Just passed away a few hours ago...[​IMG] Someone purchased some from a farm store I work at and he rejected this 1, so I brought it home to try and save it. As well as a duckling, which seems to be doing great.

(3) What breeds do you have? Right now, just a white pekin duckling

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? googke search looking for advice on caring for the chick.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? fostering dogs. My horses and my dogs and Cockatoo

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    I've been married for 25 yrs. Have 2 kids; daughter - 23 and son 19. Oh and a son in law....[​IMG] We have 3 dogs; 2 black labs and a Great Dane mix. 3 cats, 2 horses and a cockatoo...and now a duckling. I will be graduating with an associates in Business Management/Marketing in May, work part time in the Ag. dept at a local farm store.

I hope even though I do NOT have chickens, I can still be on here with my duck. I already posted for advice and got a response, so that tells me everyone on here can be helpful.

2. Paraclete

Paraclete Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2011
    Norco
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Socal.
    I think the more people we have here the merrier, you don't need to have chickens to join in on the fun. And we have all sorts of experts here so if you have a question about your duck or any other thing there's bound to be someone who can help. Hope you enjoy yourself here.

3. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    Hi and [​IMG] from South GA!

4. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia, Ca and [​IMG]

5. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Chillin' With My Peeps