New to the site & everything.

urbanchickmama

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 12, 2011
Hi everyone! We just recently started keeping chickens and are, in fact, still putting the finishing touches on our coop. We have 11 6 week old chicks, some bantams we aquired through a raffle at my daughters school, and 6 others we purchased from our local feed store. I've already been obsessively searching through the site for all the answers to any questions I can come up with and I'm so excited to have finally registered into the forum with a log-in. I'm curious to utilize the expertise of so many people on this site to help me keep our chickies happy & healthy. I will defnitely be posting pics soon, as I've had such a hard time finding out what breed several of our chicks are and I'm certain we've got at least one rooster in the bunch, so I'm anxious to get others opinions on that as well. I've really enjoyed reading posts so far, and I'm happy to see so many helpful & supportive people posting answers.

Thanks & I'm sure you'll be seeing me around!

I there and
welcome-byc.gif
. Ya they people here are really amazing and so many people can help. I learn new stuff all the time from people on here. Just dont be afraid to ask your questions and they may not get answered right away but they 90% of the time get answered. FYI chickens are addicting and you will never be finished with your coop.
lol.png
I am always changing mine up. Welcome again. John
*edited for spelling, im blond
smile.png

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
This site is great, I don't even bother looking anywhere else to learn what I need about my chickens (unless I am following a link from this site, lol)

Hey howdy from California!

BYC is not only good for research, to learn what NOT to do and to learn what to do when you HAVE done the thing you shouldn't have done
wink.png
but to get wonderful support from a community of chicken folks. Ask questions, post pictures when you can (after about 10 posts the restriction against it will be lifted), and participate in the discussions so we get to know ya.

We LOVE pictures. Chicks, chickens, dogs, cats, ducks, horses, family members, your coop, your yard, pretty plants in your yard, doesn't matter: we love pictures!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom