New to the site

ohiobirdman

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 3, 2014
Goshen Ohio
Hello all,

I am new to the site as a member but have been tapping into everyone's knowledge on here for about 6 months now. I recently built a 7'x4' coop with a 16' enclosed run on it. Right now it houses 4 golden Comet hens. In my basement I have 2 French maran chicks,1 olive egger chick, and 3 americauna chicks. It is something that I have wanted to do for a long time and finally just decide to go for it. I have for about a year and a half been training bird dogs (gsp and English pointer) so I figured what is a few more birds. My kids love the chickens and they so far seem to be a good investment. I also have 10 breeding pairs of chukar with plans to breed Wisconsin jumbo Bobwhite as well. None of this will be on a large scale as 5 kids and 2 dogs are enough work without a full time job, much less with the job I have. That is my introduction, I hope to siphon a lot more knowledge from this site in the future. Who knows I might even be able to contribute some when I am not so green, probably only after I make the mistake of trying it another way first though.

Good day to all!

Hello! Trying new ways to do things is good. You never know-it may actually work! Welcome to BYC!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

images

Welcome to BYC!

So glad you could join our community! Sounds like you have your hands full. Good luck with all your new projects. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom