New to the site

GhostMedic

Hatching
Feb 25, 2015
Ohio
Hello,

I am new to the site and new to raising poultry. I will be receiving 10 ducks from Metzers March 18th. I have used BYC for research and to talk my wife into getting ducks. I live out in the country in west central Ohio. My daughter is 6 and is already starting into puberty. I am convinced this is due to the crazy amounts of chemicals, antibiotics, and GMO in our food and everything else we come in contact with. I hope to one day be at least mostly self sufficient on my little bit of land. I will lean on this forum heavily for information. I have also bounced over to BYH and looked at meat rabbit husbandry, but my wife is concerned about her ability to eat animals we've raised. I am an avid outdoorsman and hunt, fish, and camp as much as possible.

Josh

P.S. I know my screen name is unusual so here's the story: I was a combat medic in the Army. During this training it was common for the instructors to tell us to pretend we had an extra medic and his name was ghost medic. I have always thought that to be funny hence the name.

Hello,

I am new to the site and new to raising poultry. I will be receiving 10 ducks from Metzers March 18th. I have used BYC for research and to talk my wife into getting ducks. I live out in the country in west central Ohio. My daughter is 6 and is already starting into puberty. I am convinced this is due to the crazy amounts of chemicals, antibiotics, and GMO in our food and everything else we come in contact with. I hope to one day be at least mostly self sufficient on my little bit of land. I will lean on this forum heavily for information. I have also bounced over to BYH and looked at meat rabbit husbandry, but my wife is concerned about her ability to eat animals we've raised. I am an avid outdoorsman and hunt, fish, and camp as much as possible.

Josh

P.S. I know my screen name is unusual so here's the story: I was a combat medic in the Army. During this training it was common for the instructors to tell us to pretend we had an extra medic and his name was ghost medic. I have always thought that to be funny hence the name.
Welcome to BYC!!!
welcome-byc.gif

Love the username by the way!

Hello and Welcome to BYC! We're glad you decided to join! Feel free to ask any questions you may have, this site is loaded with lots of useful information, I'm sure you will find answers to all your questions here!
frow.gif
Enjoy your flock!
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock".

Good luck with your future ducklings! If you have any questions, just ask- we'll be happy to help in any way we can.
smile.png

Thank you for your time in service and welcome to Backyard Chickens. Maybe your wife will come around if you do the baking and she doesn't know which chicken it was.

Back
Top Bottom