New to the threads

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ttflockof3, Jul 20, 2016.

1. ttflockof3

ttflockof3 New Egg

Jul 20, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello to all I am a new hen to 4 Cochins 1 is 2 weeks, 1 is a bantam named turtle, a hen named Charlotte and a Roo named "Blake Shelton". They came into my life over a month ago. That night my 5 lady leghorns that were 4 months old that I had raised from a day old where murdered by a fox and her pups. My heart way broken. So I have been keeping my babies in my house at night and taking them out every morning and outing them In a secure area in my front yard to keep check on them. My husband refuses to help me build a coop because I didn't ask his permission HA HA HA.... Anyway I am hoping to get what I want to have my l Cochins happy and safe and also get som hens for laying that I will not share with him. Fingers crossed.... Winning lottery numbers [​IMG] Most importantly encouragement from my fellow chicken friends [​IMG]

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    In the olden days I would have suggested you repay your husband by putting (a lot of) starch in his personal laundry. But I don't know if they even sell starch anymore. LOL.

I am guessing he doesn't want to partake in delicious fresh farm eggs either. So you probably she eat them in front of him and make lots of loud, "yummy" noises.

Actually most spouses eventually come over to the chicken side. So don't rule him out yet. Welcome to Backyard chickens, so glad you joined us.

1 person likes this.
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Good luck with getting hubby to come round. We men tend to be a bit slow sometimes, so be patient :)

Best wishes
    Ct

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

My husband came around! To the point where he will ask, where is Mable? Then he sees her, or another that he has asked about. Comes in the house and tells me what one of the chickens was doing.
    He will also ask, when he knows it's time for chicks to hatch...any pips yet? [​IMG]

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator

Maybe you should start a new thread on hubby training? :lol:

1 person likes this.
  6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! Hope you have a wonderful summer! :)

1 person likes this.
  7. ttflockof3

ttflockof3 New Egg

Jul 20, 2016
    Virginia
    [No he doesn't really like me..... Lolol [​IMG]

quote name="CTKen" url="/t/1122845/new-to-the-threads#post_17313138"]Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Good luck with getting hubby to come round. We men tend to be a bit slow sometimes, so be patient :)

Best wishes
    Ct[/quote]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by