New to the threads

ttflockof3

Hatching
Jul 20, 2016
Virginia
Hello to all I am a new hen to 4 Cochins 1 is 2 weeks, 1 is a bantam named turtle, a hen named Charlotte and a Roo named "Blake Shelton". They came into my life over a month ago. That night my 5 lady leghorns that were 4 months old that I had raised from a day old where murdered by a fox and her pups. My heart way broken. So I have been keeping my babies in my house at night and taking them out every morning and outing them In a secure area in my front yard to keep check on them. My husband refuses to help me build a coop because I didn't ask his permission HA HA HA.... Anyway I am hoping to get what I want to have my l Cochins happy and safe and also get som hens for laying that I will not share with him. Fingers crossed.... Winning lottery numbers
1f606.png
Most importantly encouragement from my fellow chicken friends

In the olden days I would have suggested you repay your husband by putting (a lot of) starch in his personal laundry. But I don't know if they even sell starch anymore. LOL.

I am guessing he doesn't want to partake in delicious fresh farm eggs either. So you probably she eat them in front of him and make lots of loud, "yummy" noises.

Actually most spouses eventually come over to the chicken side. So don't rule him out yet. Welcome to Backyard chickens, so glad you joined us.

Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Good luck with getting hubby to come round. We men tend to be a bit slow sometimes, so be patient :)

Best wishes
Ct

welcome-byc.gif

My husband came around! To the point where he will ask, where is Mable? Then he sees her, or another that he has asked about. Comes in the house and tells me what one of the chickens was doing.
He will also ask, when he knows it's time for chicks to hatch...any pips yet?
tongue.png

:welcome

My husband came around!  To the point where he will ask, where is Mable?  Then he sees her, or another that he has asked about.  Comes in the house and tells me what one of the chickens was doing. 
He will also ask, when he knows it's time for chicks to hatch...any pips yet?      :p

Maybe you should start a new thread on hubby training? :lol:

[No he doesn't really like me..... Lolol
1f610.png

quote name="CTKen" url="/t/1122845/new-to-the-threads#post_17313138"]Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Good luck with getting hubby to come round. We men tend to be a bit slow sometimes, so be patient :)

Best wishes
Ct[/quote]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom