New to the turkey world

hunsbergerchick

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 20, 2013
I live in Florida and recently bought 5 heritage turkeys. 4 hens 1 Tom. They're a breeding set who the people said all laid last season. They haven't given me any eggs yet. They've been here two weeks now and I have them in with some of my chickens that have to be in a big yard so I don't wind up losing them. Should I be worried that I'm not getting eggs yet? Is it cause they're in with the chickens? Cause they all seem happy and healthy.

I live in Florida and recently bought 5 heritage turkeys. 4 hens 1 Tom. They're a breeding set who the people said all laid last season. They haven't given me any eggs yet. They've been here two weeks now and I have them in with some of my chickens that have to be in a big yard so I don't wind up losing them. Should I be worried that I'm not getting eggs yet? Is it cause they're in with the chickens? Cause they all seem happy and healthy.
Patience Grasshopper...

Probably stress of the move.

our first pair took a couple of months before she began laying again. we were worried too.

RobertH

Oh I hope these girls don't take that long! They seem to be adjusting well. But these are my first turkeys so its nice to hear some reassurance. I was hoping that the fact that I got the whole little flock of five that it might cut down on the amount of time it takes them to adjust.

Oh I hope these girls don't take that long! They seem to be adjusting well. But these are my first turkeys so its nice to hear some reassurance. I was hoping that the fact that I got the whole little flock of five that it might cut down on the amount of time it takes them to adjust.
you know women! they do things when they are good and ready
hide.gif
.... just like men

RobertH

Back
Top Bottom