New to this Site

How exciting :ya:ya- let us know how it goes .
Have you found the Aussie thread yet?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/australia-six-states-and-that-funny-little-island.598568/
came a week early, incubator shut down and was just about dead in egg. Now it is running around and chipping like a cricket.
20190131_215635.jpg

Quail chicks are so gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing pics

A big hello and welcome from another BYC newbie in Canberra. :frow
Hello AussieJen,
First time using incubator with a lot of problems outside of my control. But I have just finished first hatch with 5 live and 5 dead after incubator shut down. In lock down now with 7 jap and 2 California quails due now with 4 jap and 2 California peeping. Having so much fun with quails, will just be breeding them now.

Hello AussieJen,
First time using incubator with a lot of problems outside of my control. But I have just finished first hatch with 5 live and 5 dead after incubator shut down. In lock down now with 7 jap and 2 California quails due now with 4 jap and 2 California peeping. Having so much fun with quails, will just be breeding them now.

50% hatch-rate after incubator shutdown seems pretty good to me - well done!

What are your plans for your quail? Are they for eggs and/or meat, own consumption or selling?

And good luck with the new hatch - so exciting, yet frustrating not knowing whether to help if they run into problems. I hope you are pleased with the results. Please share more pics of your little fuzz-balls when they arrive!

What are your plans for your quail? Are they for eggs and/or meat, own consumption or selling?

And good luck with the new hatch - so exciting, yet frustrating not knowing whether to help if they run into problems. I hope you are pleased with the results. Please share more pics of your little fuzz-balls when they arrive!
Just getting breeding stock up. Making egg cage up this week to start with. California and bobwhite quails I will sell as pairs, with japs sold for meat, eggs, pets and breeding stock.

6 Japs and 2 California quails with one dead in egg was my hatch for the weekend. Total babys now are 10 Japs and 3 California.
20190204_103503.jpg
20190204_103440.jpg

Back
Top Bottom