New to this!

stevielynn

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 4, 2014
I am basically rescuing these beautiful girls from a home who does not want them, doesn't take care of them what so ever and was wondering "why they wouldn't die." It absolutely broke my heart. They are just so sweet! I was just wondering what I could do to help them get used to a new home and what breed they were? I've taken care of chickens at my barn before but never had my own!

First I want to say
welcome-byc.gif
Make sure you teach them to come to you because you mean good things you can teach them this by calling here chicke chike and throw food behind you. Give them a lot of attention and feed them a lot. Spend at least an hour a day with them ( spread that hour around) and make their coop as comfortable as possible spread clean hay or straw across it and have a lot of water at all times. Pretty soon your chickens will follow you everywhere good luck.

They look like buff brahmas and wow they are beautiful! They might like some treats like grass clippings or bread but I'd say they'll be a lot happier than they were no matter what!

yippiechickie.gif
Welcome from Georgia!! Those are Brahmas, a very desirable breed, and they look pretty darn healthy for neglected chickens. It is amazing how well chickens can do under bad circumstances. They are gorgeous!!
droolin.gif
They will adjust to their new home very well, just provide them with a clean secure coop, food, clean water, and lots of love and they will be just fine.

Thank you! I went to see them today for the first time and they had no food or water I started to cry. I hand fed them and I think they are already starting to love me! One girl even let me pick her up! What do you all suggest for water sources?

Back
Top Bottom