New to turken chicken

Pointed masculine feathering doesn't emerge for most cockerels until 12-14 weeks old. Give him a little more time!

As far as making hen noises, every chicken I've owned, male or female, makes similar noises when young, and my adult roosters cluck sometimes as well. :idunno I don't think you can really judge by vocalizations, unless a bird is crowing at this age in which case it's almost assuredly a rooster. (A lack of crowing does not necessarily mean they aren't a rooster, though! ;) )
A lot of people don't find them very attractive, so they don't seem very popular, but there are some naked neck threads on the site. I love them, personally! I was finally able to get one this year after wanting them for a long time, a little bantam pullet just a few weeks older than your little guy. I don't have any very recent pictures of her, but this was her a few weeks ago. She has since grown in a large tail that makes her strongly resemble an Australian bush-turkey. 🤭

View attachment 3187063
View attachment 3187060View attachment 3187061
Ok….. I’ve waited loooonnggg enough, so the turken is about 14 weeks now. I still don’t see any saddle feathers. Do you guys still think it’s a rooster? 🤦‍♀️

Attachments

• A4A323B5-3108-43E9-AEB1-EA682D475237.jpeg
    A4A323B5-3108-43E9-AEB1-EA682D475237.jpeg
    591.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 2E144A60-B5FA-45B1-8198-741B169C1767.jpeg
    2E144A60-B5FA-45B1-8198-741B169C1767.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 6
Yes, to me they are loud and clear on the very top of the back especially in pic 2.. just not flowing yet.
ETA:
View attachment 3211829
This, plus that's a lot of red.

Now, that said, my Turken girl had me questioning for a long time. And yours isn't pure Turken, so it may be developing differently, but I'm thinking not.

Oh, he's a special bird! Such a wild mixture! He's a keeper!

This, plus that's a lot of red.

Now, that said, my Turken girl had me questioning for a long time. And yours isn't pure Turken, so it may be developing differently, but I'm thinking not.

Oh, he's a special bird! Such a wild mixture! He's a keeper!
Thank you, I absolutely adore him. He’s so handsome with his Elvis hairdo 🤣

Back
Top Bottom