New to turkey and have sicky

strawn28

Chirping
Jun 4, 2015
Illinois
we are new to turkeys have chickens and peacocks. I have two turkeys that look like they have sinus infections I used tylan 50
Just under skin. I was planning on once day for 5 days is that correct?
Are they more prone to sinus infections? We had a peacock struggle with it but round antibiotics kicked it for him.
Then I noticed one with infection I think has broken wing.. is it best to wrap it up to their body or any other advice.
Thanks so much

we are new to turkeys have chickens and peacocks. I have two turkeys that look like they have sinus infections I used tylan 50
Just under skin. I was planning on once day for 5 days is that correct?
Are they more prone to sinus infections? We had a peacock struggle with it but round antibiotics kicked it for him.
Then I noticed one with infection I think has broken wing.. is it best to wrap it up to their body or any other advice.
Thanks so much
Broken wing needs to see a veterinarian. Also, need to know all symptoms because what you think is a sinus infection is some respiratory illness, but without knowing what is going on, no way to tell you.

Apparantly they don't help us who need it!

Kind of passive aggressive and unnecessary..... with many MANY people, there are times some posts fall through the cracks. Doing a search up top could help with many topics. You can also search for people in the threads, IE: TURKEY threads for turkey assistance and contact them directly.

@sourland @azygous @Eggcessive can you recommend anyone to help?

This is the BYC turkey forum. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/turkeys.20/ This is where these folks can get help from people who raise and understand turkeys.

All I have in the way of turkeys are a bunch of wild ones who hang around putting on a hungry "please feed us" act with their big brown eyes and long eye lashes. Ummm. It sort of works. They party with my chickens sometimes when I toss everyone some scratch.

Oh, I see they're already on it. Gotta be patient. Help will show up. When my chickens have sinus infections, I use my old cataract eye drops on the swollen eye. Antibiotic, anti-inflammatory and steroid drops. They work well and quickly.

Great lots of info.
Turkey has swollen under eye, gross drainage from nose he gets bubbles in his eyes. Not slowing down food or water. No cough
He has fight back in him because he doesn't like to be caught now. I was just going to do tylan 50mg
1/4cc once day for 5 days he is on day 2

I was able to catch one with what looked like broke wing but nothing is swollen just broken feathers but try to find a vet.
Thanks I've been reading through post and made decisions based on those.

Our turkey has a sinus infection I first treated with Colloidal Silver until I was able to get Tylan 50. I orally gave her 3 cc's yesterday. Seems to be improvement, but I am pretty sure she has gone blind. Has anyone experienced blindness from sinus infection. Will it clear up?

Back
Top Bottom