Announcement New Trophy Point Levels

Pics
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
-----------
well I guess this it true. Seems like a lot of hoopala and work just to take 10 points from people. who really cares? we put so much into this community. Somehow it seems a bit disingenuous to go to all this trouble to take 10 trophies away from folk. I mean does anyone really care?
Just saying, Karen
seems a bit Grinchy to me. could have just been left alone as a gift. Or just change the chart to make it 20 points for 1000 likes.
Well, I can assure you no one personally or manually reached out green grinchy fingers to take points away from people. we really don't have the time or inclination for that. It was automatic by the system when whatever glitch was corrected.

That said, I have no idea how many points I have. I had ovations turned off when we were able to do that. It's just not all that important to me. I yam what I yam.

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
-----------
well I guess this it true. Seems like a lot of hoopala and work just to take 10 points from people. who really cares? we put so much into this community. Somehow it seems a bit disingenuous to go to all this trouble to take 10 trophies away from folk. I mean does anyone really care?
Just saying, Karen
seems a bit Grinchy to me. could have just been left alone as a gift. Or just change the chart to make it 20 points for 1000 likes.
Karen, I'm a bit startled by your quoting my signature quote, which I put there for inspiration and positivity, to complain about a few trophy points that disappeared when I fixed the double trophy error in the system. Trust me, I'm not being a grinch or anything, I'm simply doing my job. I have personally talked with Nifty about creating new trophies and expanding the range we have to give you all more chances to earn them and I added many new ones since we switched to this platform: https://www.backyardchickens.com/help/trophies

Which incidentally was also met with startling response...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/trophy-points-awarded-by-a-bot.1223414/

:th :lol: You guys are hard to keep happy! ;)

I personally am just happy that we have this wonderful platform where we can chat with people who have common interests and share our stories and experiences and learn from each other in a safe environment where we are protected from harassment and trolling as much as humanly possible.
I've seen so many posts complaining about moderation and such things recently it's shocking to me.
Maybe it doesn't always seem "fair" but life isn't fair.
Everyone should stop and consider if you were the one that had to decide what goes and what doesn't on a daily basis and how hard that would be.
Points and likes counts to me are just for fun and a way to encourage members to participate. Nothing to get your pants in a wad about.

I think someone owes sumi an apology.

Back
Top Bottom