New, unintended addition... Updated

v.cyr

Songster
9 Years
May 4, 2010
Greene, NY
DSCN0190.jpg

picked this guy up yesterday... we weren't planning on buying a chicken, we were just going to our local farm stand/shop to see what chicks they had for sale, to start planning on what to get... but we saw this guy, and had to have him...we dubbed him Rocky, and he is a sweetheart... we know he is a Buff Brahma, and he was labeled as a rooster, so we are assuming that he is until proven otherwise, but we are unsure about his age... he is almost as big as out smallest Orp hen right now, but still sounds like a chick... no clucking, he still just peeps... any guesses as to his age?

Last edited:
I'm not seeing anything really rooish right not, but a profile shot would help, also knowing age for sure. He may just be too young to have sex characteristics.

My dark brahma has the same redness in your buff brahma's face and mine is 10 weeks old. Mine is also 100% pullet.
smile.png
Perhaps you have a pullet on your hands. I guess time will tell. Good luck. That is one nice looking chick. I love buff brahma's.

I was told by a lady who raises them that the more black they have down their back, the more likely they are a roo. mine are about 3 months, and one that is most likely a roo hase black starting down his back like yours appears to be. Still a guess til he crows
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom