New use for my food processor

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Ohhhdear, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Ohhhdear

Ohhhdear Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    West Michigan
    I was cleaning out my fridge yesterday, emptying Tupperware and ziploc baggies filled with leftovers, when I got a brainstorm. None of the food was moulded. It smelled ok to me, but I didn't think DH or the kids would be happy to see it on their plates again. It was mostly scraps of veggies, potatoes, noodles, a couple slices of pizza the teenagers forgot and was dried out, half a baked potato and a half pattie-melt sandwich from a restaurant. I'm usually pretty good about estimating how much my menfolk eat at a meal, but y'know.. sometimes they just didn't like the seasoning, or there were too many brussels sprouts.

So I got out my food processor, put the slicer blade in and ground up about a quart of miscellaneous leftovers into chicken sized treats. I emptied the bowl in a line (keeps the girls from crowding the offering and stops the pecking at each other) under the lilac bush and just stood back to watch them have fun.

Happy hens!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    That is a fantastic idea! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by