1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Year New Start

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by tattmom, Mar 4, 2016.

1. tattmom

tattmom Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2015
    Well it's a New Year and now it's time to put a big push on our construction zone aka the house. I hope by the end of summer to have the downstairs completed. We have our New flock brooding in the living room right now so by the time they are ready we will have a coop to put them in. Right now I have three walls and a window. No door or roof but the start of a wonderful coop for our chicks and ducks.
    [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Good luck with the 'coop build'.

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Cute duckling in your photo. Good luck with your coop build!

4. tattmom

tattmom Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2015
    Ok question of the day. I had three khaki ducklings unfortunately I lost one last night. I have my ducks and chicks in the same pen. The ducks are both female. I have read in many places that sick do better in groups of three or more. My question is do I need to get another duck so the other two are not lonely down the road or will they be ok being part of the chicken flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by