New Years Eve Quilt

Quote:
If you are looking for the Kabnet Wax Paper, it is the same thing that is used in the bottom of pizza boxes. If you have a small family owned pizza shop near you, sometimes the owner will order an extra box for you.

Thank you all for the kind words. It really is starting to grow on me. At first I couldn't image finishing it. It takes me longer to sandwich the quilt and finish it, than it does to do the tops, and I wondered if it would become another UFO.

I think your quilt is beautiful and your piecing is very nice. Do you really want to send this quilt off to college? My son took an old quilt, also a sports jacket and tennis racket which never returned-- And I keep hearing how forgetful senior citizens are.
lau.gif

Quote:
I'm still playing with the borders. I think it will have at least two, something dark and narrow to frame the body of the quilt, followed by a wider border. I'm leaning towards using the gold as the binding.

Awesome! I was just thinking it could use a border but 2 colors in the border will be even better!

The top is done, I think there must be a smudge on my camera lens as it came out blurry..either that or it was from trying to get a photo of it with the wind blowing. lol It will be bound with black and have a black fleece backing. And yeap it is touching the snow, it is on the clothes line as it was too big to photograph indoors.

2200_dsc01859.jpg

Quote:
Thanks! Yours will be similar but not quite as bright,(I hope) The directions I sent you are for a top made with the top five complete squares and the 2 smaller borders. So if you leave off the bottom strip blocks on my quilt that would be what yours will look like. It is square for a baby quilt. You are on such a roll, I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Edit to add, USPS says your package is in NC this morning and on it's way to you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom