New Years Eve Quilt

verthandi

Songster
12 Years
May 18, 2007
Maine
I don't remember who posted the link for the directions of this quilt. But my grandson requested an utility quilt this year. He wanted something he could take to college with him next year and not worry about using. This is made from all the odd size scraps from other quilts that I had made for his family. It still needs one more row to even out the design and a couple of borders. I can honestly say that last night I almost scraped the whole project as I thought it was ugly and wondered if I could even stand to finish putting it together. But, it is growning on me. (a little bit).

2200_dsc01842-1.jpg

http://quiltville.com/stringquiltingprimer.shtml

Last edited:
Really nice...and the use of the gold sashing is good to tie the units together.
Are you going to repeat that in the borders?
A wide border would help calm the eye travel also.

Last edited:
That is beautiful. I just checked out the pattern and I'm going to try it. That is after I get all my other things done from on here.
wink.png
I'd like to find the wax paper like they use. Thanks for sharing.
lol.png

I think it's great for a quilt that will see college use. The wild colors won't show up spills and it's really vibrant.

Quote:
I'm still playing with the borders. I think it will have at least two, something dark and narrow to frame the body of the quilt, followed by a wider border. I'm leaning towards using the gold as the binding.

Back
Top Bottom