New Years Resolution -

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Boyd, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I've been putting a lot of time and thought into mine. I'm in my 30's and am having another baby this year with my lovely wife. I want to give them a gift that they can definitely remember.

I've been tobbacco free for 3 weeks now, and My new years resolution is to complete something I've been wanting to do for all year. I want to reach close to my ideal weight of 140 to 150 ish. I have between 80-90 lbs to go.. so I want to lose some weight, and remain smoke free.

What is everyone else planning on?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I don't do resolutions. Failing in the past has made me feel like a failure, so I don't do them anymore. I make changes throughout the year, as needed. Three years ago for April Fools day I decided to stop dieting. I've lost 60 lbs. [​IMG]

3. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    I look at it more as "what do I want to get done next year?"

I'd like to do smaller, but more frequent donations to the womens & children's shelter.
    I'll be swimming daily once it warms, and teaching the boys to swim.
    I'd like to learn how to ride a bike, so I can take the boys on rides.

nothing huge, but small things to make the world i live in happier.

4. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    i want to go paper free.

it sounds silly but i have saved paper since sept 1 2009 just to see how much paper we really do waste. I have 2 banana boxes FULL. The biggest offender is by far the kids school. so i am going to start sending back all the useless junk mail they send home, back to them for disposal. There is no reason they cant e-mail 99 % of the crud that gets sent out

5. debilorrah

Quote:Here is a neat solution for the junk mail you get - Pour water in a blender and tear up the paper and blend it. Use a screen from one of your windows to pour it out on, and let it dry. It comes out really pretty, and then I use it to make cards by gluing paper on it in different shapes with the recycled paper as a background/border. Cards, name tags, placeholders, etc.

6. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    In honor of my New Years Resolutin from 2001, I am not making any more New Years Resolutions. The only one, thus far, I have not failed miserably at. [​IMG]

7. debilorrah

Quote:Hence, the reason for my post.

8. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    My resolution this year is to whisper my complaints. Volume has not been working. Time for a change.
    If they aren't going to hear me anyway, I may as well save the vocal chords. [​IMG]

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Yeah..i also stopped making resolutions. I'll just blow it anyways.. [​IMG]

10. debilorrah

Quote:Hi Wendy!!! I use April Fool's day for my wanna be changes. That way if I blow it, it was just a joke anyways [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by