New York mini chickenstock 2016

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Chicken girl 15, Nov 29, 2015.

1. lizzy14

lizzy14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Rochester area/WNY
    Oh. my. goodness. I just tried this and it was amazing! I had given up on hard boiling our fresh eggs and figured I'd just have to buy store-bought if I wanted hard boiled. Thank you so much for sharing!
  2. horsekeeper

horsekeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2011
    Middleburgh, NY
    So you actually did it? Hopefully they just slipped right off like they were greased [​IMG]
  3. lizzy14

Jun 9, 2011
    Rochester area/WNY
    Sure did - best method ever!
  4. lizzy14

Jun 9, 2011
    Rochester area/WNY
    Ironically, my daughters had just asked for hard boiled eggs right before I read your post!
  5. Devona

Devona Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2015
    Queens, New York
    Thanks for sharing, horsekeeper! I was just lamenting the fact that now I have organic home grown, healthier eggs from happier chickens, said eggs are doomed to have holes in them when I peel the shell off[​IMG]
    It gets so bad that the yolk shows in many of them! I will definitely try this way nex time.
  6. tao chick

tao chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Herkimer County, NY
    Chicken girl, I'll know by April 1st if I can make it. I should have our Little League/Softball schedule by then.

I'm searching for a breeder of Cayuga Ducks.
  7. boskelli1571

boskelli1571 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Yes - I still have her, but she is mellowing and has finally started to lay, so I'm going to keep her. Hate to stress her by moving her again...
    Do you know how many peeps will be coming? I'm thinking about what to bring. Also - for the raffle - I will make a mini-herb garden starter if you think that's ok..
  8. Chicken girl 15

Chicken girl 15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2015
    harpursville ny
    there could be from 15-25 families /groups coming. So far I can only confirm for 3. And a mini-herb garden starter sounds great.

If she's going goof where she is that's great. No point in messing with a happy hen.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  9. LuvMyChicks1491

LuvMyChicks1491 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2013
    Central New York
    As of right now I am planning on being there unless something major comes up, but I don't for see anything so count me in. I may be bringing my daughter again with me, but that will be a last minute audible.

In the past the people that are coming from farther away volunteer to bring the paper goods so they don't have to bring any food such long distances. I will bring a case of water as well as something to pass.

With name tags, in the past we have used a variety of things..labels, tape, etc.. It is good to put both your screen name and your real name. Most people recognize people my their screen name so it is good to put both.

I will have some of my Magpie hatching eggs if anyone it interested. I may have some ducklings with me as well depending on how my hatches go. I have a few extra bantam chickens that I may be interested in selling. I will get some pictures in the next few weeks or so and get them posted. A few of them are frizzled.

Have to start to think about what to bring for the auction and if I'm going to bring things to sell.

Can't wait!!
  10. AminaTefla

AminaTefla Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2015
    Bath, New York
    Yay!!!! Someone who is super close! Very nice to meet you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by