New York State Law when buying

Khubs88

In the Brooder
Jun 27, 2023
Forgive me if there was one posted already but i had some question in regards to the nys law when buying chicks and ducks.
I know there is a min of 6 to buy. But does the laws state has to be 6 chicks and 6 ducks? Can you mix the two? Example wanted 8 chicks and 3 ducks. Can you buy it that way or do you have to buy 6 ducks to reach the min even though you already min of 6 with the chicks? TSC stated had to be 6 and 6 min for each. Would like to know the finer details and if that is true.

I’ll assume that you can only have six birds, but I would definitely check with someone else.

This appears to be the statute:

"No person shall sell, offer for sale, barter or give away living baby chicks, ducklings or other fowl or baby rabbits under two months of age in any quantity less than six."

https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/agriculture-and-markets-law/agm-sect-354/

I was unable to find ANY of my usual legal sources (I am NOT a lawyer, this is NOT legal advice) offering interpretations of that statute.

I just buy 6 of any kind. Once you hit the 6 mark you can get what ever quantity. I bout 8 last time I was at runnings.

Back
Top Bottom