New

mark24

Hatching
Jul 23, 2016
New to website and new to having chickens. Just waiting for first eggs. Bought 11 chickens from another farm. I think they just over 3 months old. Don't really know what I'm doing but none have died yet.

Hi and welcome to BYC!

That is so exciting! You'll have to wait for a little longer; the earliest some production layers start laying is around 18 weeks, but most take even longer. But it's worth it for fresh eggs!
big_smile.png
The Learning Center is a great resource, and if you ever have any questions, always feel free to ask! I'm sure anyone would be happy to help.

Good luck and thanks for joining us!
smile.png

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I sure hope those eggies start coming soon for you! Most breeds start laying at 5 or 6 months of age. When their faces, combs and wattles start turning really red, and the birds start to squat for you, the eggs should be coming down the pipe! At that point you will want to get them on layer feed for the higher calcium for strong eggshells and laying abilities.

Definitely stop by our learning center. Lots of great articles on all the aspects of keeping your new flock. BuffOrpington88 has left you with the link.

Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our flock! :)

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! You have some great advice above. Good luck on those first eggs, it sure is great to find those little treasures in the nest box. Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Back
Top Bottom