New

R and T

In the Brooder
Dec 16, 2016
Crossville Tennessee
We are new to Tennessee, new to BYC and new to raising chickens. Currently we have 4 girls, two of which are laying eggs and two are 4 month old pullets. We would like to raise Speckled Sussex hens but can not find a seller? How do we go about this?

Hi there and :welcome

You could start by asking the people in this THREAD.

Have you checked the online hatcheries?

You could even join your state thread and see if anyone has them. Check out the breed thread to learn more about them - and learn good quality from bad. Member Redsoxs knows a lot about them.

Welcome! That's a whole lot of "new", how exciting. Speckled sussex are gaining popularity to the point some retailers include them in their sorting chick sales, but in many areas mail order,breeder or private seller are the only sources to be found

We are new to Tennessee, new to BYC and new to raising chickens. Currently we have 4 girls, two of which are laying eggs and two are 4 month old pullets. We would like to raise Speckled Sussex hens but can not find a seller? How do we go about this?

Hi - thinking about relocating to Crossville and cannot find info on poultry restrictions. What areas are poultry restricted? What areas are poultry allowed? I don't want to buy property where I cannot relocate my flock with me. thanks. On the Speckled Sussex, I'd contact the online hatcheries. They hatch frequently throughout the year.

Back
Top Bottom