New

1618504044054.png

Another new Aussie member! You mentioned that things are a "bit different" over there, but I think that just adds to the cool factor of BYC. It allows us to see with new perspectives and ideas, to understand different challenges and to learn even more about poultry.

Thanks for bringing your flock into ours, and welcome to BYC!
Definitely a lot of different challenges.

eg my predator challenges include snakes and Goannas - had a goanna (a big lizard) persist at get into the coop. They’re typically just after eggs but will take advantage of any chicks and try to eat them too. Our chicks at the time were in a smaller enclosure within our coop ao luckily they didn’t get hurt or killed, but the repeated stress is what we believed caused 2 of our hens to die.

We also get foxes and wild dogs/dingos, but they’re easy enough to manage, they don’t like to get too close to the house.

Like you though we have different temperatures depending where in the country you live. For me, we get down to -2°c (28.4F) overnight in winter with frost, but I’ve never seen snow in my life. We get up to 45°c (113F) in summer. I had to look up those conversions haha

Back
Top Bottom