newbe need advice please : )

Fuentes Farm

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 24, 2014
Oakley, Ca

this here is my incubator. i know its hard to see but i have a card board divider in it. I have eggs that are gonna hatch this coming week and ones not do for a while. I didnt know that was a no no
roll.png
so i put this divider to keep baby chicks away from the turner. Has anyone done this? if not do you think it will work. Ty

Hey u do what u gotta do in a pinch. I don't see a problem just watch the don't get caught in the turner arms and take them out ASAP. We all learn as we go. Happy hatching.

Thank you : ) also do i went the paper towel im gonna lay my eggs on?

Personally, I don't like the paper towels, I use the rubber shelf liner, it seems they slip a lot on the paper towels and I have heard it can cause splayed leg...

And I don't wet it.. If you want to get the humidity up just dampen a sponge with hot water and lay it off to the side..

And yes, we all learn as we go...I'm rooting for ya!!!

I don't put paper just lay them on the wire. The one problem I see is humidity during lockdown. I guess just raise the humidity on day 19 then let it lower itself back down for the other eggs.

Personally, I don't like the paper towels, I use the rubber shelf liner, it seems they slip a lot on the paper towels and I have heard it can cause splayed leg...

And I don't wet it.. If you want to get the humidity up just dampen a sponge with hot water and lay it off to the side..

And yes, we all learn as we go...I'm rooting for ya!!!

I don't put paper just lay them on the wire. The one problem I see is humidity during lockdown. I guess just raise the humidity on day 19 then let it lower itself back down for the other eggs.

Thank you all : ) i know the tricky part is gonna be the humidity. hope they all survive : )

Thank you all : ) i know the tricky part is gonna be the humidity. hope they all survive : )

Believe it or not sometimes they are a lot stronger than we give them credit for.. I have found I have more of a problem when I simply cannot keep my hands off them (candling)
temp spikes and drops, high humidity, incubating under a brooder lamp all produced healthy chicks..

I wouldn't go into lockdown on your first set until you have an internal pip.. Get the humidity up around 45-50 and let the hatching chicks keep it up, when they are hatched get them out and let it go back where it needs too, you will know with the second batch if it has hurt them or not.

Back
Top Bottom