Newbie alert

mx1

In the Brooder
Jun 1, 2017
Hi everyone I'm new to joining this sight so just wanted to say hi.
Altho I'm new to joining I've been a bit of a silent searcher And reading threads that have been so helpful to me.
Today is actually duck hatch day for us yay waited so long to see these fluffy balls of awesomeness so far we have 8 healthy runner ducklings with 2 still pipping we started with 12 1 was discarded after candling day18 infertle or possible early death the other developed a crack and muma duck decided to knock it out and eat its contents So 8/10 so far with 2 still progressing ain't bad going I reckon- so thanks for all the silent advice. I've added a few pics plus a video of some of our new arrivals meet davina duck (our Muscovy surrogate) and her brood of runner ducklings Sadly Video to large to upload Gutted

Attachments

• IMG_8603.JPG
    IMG_8603.JPG
    312.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8638.JPG
    IMG_8638.JPG
    302.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8640.JPG
    IMG_8640.JPG
    327.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8644.PNG
    IMG_8644.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8645.PNG
    IMG_8645.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
:welcome

8 out of 10 (with the possibility of a couple more) sounds like a good hatch to me!

Congrats and thanks for joining us!

I wonder if mama cracked the egg herself and ate the contents. Maybe if you have feed within reach she will chow down on that instead. I would watch out - if you find another egg disaster like that, I would suggest you incubate the rest of the eggs. Some mamas are not the best broodies. Hope the rest will progress well.

welcome :welcome great you to meet you glad your here the perfect place for all of us chickens or ducks or any other creature known to man

We have chickens too with chicks but there a few weeks
I wonder if mama cracked the egg herself and ate the contents. Maybe if you have feed within reach she will chow down on that instead. I would watch out - if you find another egg disaster like that, I would suggest you incubate the rest of the eggs. Some mamas are not the best broodies. Hope the rest will progress well.

Back
Top Bottom