Newbie alert!

Mintheweaver

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 16, 2012
Yeah, I am new to all this, I will be first to admit to my ignorance in many areas. I am not yet a chicken owner, but am hoping to be soon, I have already garnered my husband's approval and the acceptance of my neighbors on either side of us. We have a huge backyard which is currently being turned into raised garden beds and will be leaving the back end of the yard free for chicken coop/run. The entire yard is surrounded by 6 foot block walls. I also am a vermicomposter and so have worms to feed with, along with kitchen and garden scraps. I am primarily looking forward to egg production for my family

We live in Mesa, AZ and I have already looked up city regulations, etc. I would love advice from other Arizonans on chicken care, especially in the summer months. What breeds are best for a novice. I am planning on only a few birds, maybe just a couple to start.

Anyway, I will be checking out all the great information here, and learning as much as I can in the next few months, and I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Mindy

ab4a3b6ffa9c5224e8d94f1bf069309e835bf44ada39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709a4b3225a1483568630b9.png
frow.gif

:welcome Welcome, it's so nice to meet you! I'm from NC myself and this year started raising chickens and well...:jumpy chicken math took over and the addiction began! :lau I hope you enjoy it as much as I do here...I have met many wonderful friends and learned SOOOO much from many of the pros. Jump right on in, you will feel right at home in no time! :caf

Last edited:
Hello from Oregon & welcome to BYC. You will never buy eggs at the store again once your girls start laying
jumpy.gif
This is a great forum!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom