Newbie and have questions

Chicky_B

In the Brooder
May 29, 2023
Hi everyone! I am new to backyard chickens and have 4 little chicks. I am unsure of their breeds (except one, it’s a silkie) and their sex. We got them from an elementary school project of hatching eggs. I’m so excited to spoil these guys!

Although I need some help. My little chicks are 5 wks old (I know it’s a little young to sex them) but one of them seems to have some red/ pink comb and I’m not sure if it’s a pullet or cockerel or if I should just keep waiting. I will attach pictures of this chick! I’m also unsure of his/ her breed. Any opinions for sex and breed welcome!

Glad to join the community :)

Attachments

• IMG_2858.jpeg
    IMG_2858.jpeg
    461.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2861.jpeg
    IMG_2861.jpeg
    442.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2856.jpeg
    IMG_2856.jpeg
    538.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2849.jpeg
    IMG_2849.jpeg
    471.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2850.jpeg
    IMG_2850.jpeg
    386.4 KB · Views: 14
Hi everyone! I am new to backyard chickens and have 4 little chicks. I am unsure of their breeds (except one, it’s a silkie) and their sex. We got them from an elementary school project of hatching eggs. I’m so excited to spoil these guys!

Although I need some help. My little chicks are 5 wks old (I know it’s a little young to sex them) but one of them seems to have some red/ pink comb and I’m not sure if it’s a pullet or cockerel or if I should just keep waiting. I will attach pictures of this chick! I’m also unsure of his/ her breed. Any opinions for sex and breed welcome!

Glad to join the community :)
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom