Newbie at this hatching excitement!

farminals

Hatching
5 Years
Nov 20, 2014
Hi, first timer here, recently purchased a incubator and set 24 eggs. However my hen was also sitting on some, 6 out of 7 hatched she left the best leaving one behind which was cold but when I candled it, it was still alive so I put it in the incubator. Problem now is it pipped 24 hours ago with not a lot of progress. I have wrapped the tissue in a damp paper towel as I can't raise my humidity as I'm worries about the other eggs having to high humidity. Not sure what to do and if I should assist it. I'm worried it will shrink wrap. Any advice would be fantastic
1f425.png

You could chip away a little of the shell around the pip whole to evaluate the chicks position and progress to determine if assisting is neccesssary. I would give this a read: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching as it's a great reference for making that decision and assisting when you think it's neccessary. Good luck and hope the little guy makes it all right.

All went well, I upped the humidity and left the chick to it. I have just come home from work and the chicks all hatched out nicely and all looks well!
1f44d.png
1f425.png
1f31f.png

Back
Top Bottom