Newbie Candeling Questions

alogue5173

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 11, 2012
Harrison, Georgia
This is my first incubation and I have a couple of questions I was hoping someone could help with.1) If an embryo was to die in the egg would the veins disappear? I'm taking it as long as I can see veins the chick is still viable? 2) A few of my eggs appear much darker on inside than others, but I do see movement...is there a reason these eggs are darker on inside? 3) I didn't know when I put in incubator, but one of my eggs is a double yolk. I know the outcome for these is not good and it will prob not make it. On day 9 and I still see movement. Is it possible that one of the chicks may make it to hatch? I cannot bring myself to toss it as long as I see movement inside. Thanks for any help!

Question #1) The veins would fade. If veins are not faded and no movement is seen, keep in for a couple more days and check again. I almost always see movement until they get really tight in the egg. If it is not at the same stage of growth as the other eggs, good chances are it died.

#2) Egg shells are harder to see through if they are a darker shade, or if they are thicker. I'm not sure what else you could mean? Movement is good any way you put it :)

#3)Since you did not know about the double yolk before you set it in the incubator - leave it be. Hopefully the other yolk was never fertile, and the other chick will be fine, but the chances are slim to none that it will hatch. If you toss it now your killing it, if you let it go, you have better chances. I'd like to know the outcome.

Welcome by the way! :) Hope I answered your questions.

:frow

Thank you soooo much....so nervous about these babies
hmm.png

Candled again last night and both babies in the double yolk egg are still going strong twelve days in. I know them making it til hatch is an unrealistic expectation, but it was exciting to know they are still doing good.

Back
Top Bottom