Newbie City Duck Owner!! Need advice!

I would make sure to spend A lot of time with them when they are younger. I got 2 at six months and they won't let me to near. I can't hold them at all, which I find not ideal because for one wing clippings and for two if they are injured!

Other than that my ducks right now are full grown so we will learn together.

Invite your neighbors over so that they immediately fall in love with your ducklings. They will be more forgiving if your ducks get noisy as they get older and will probably offer to duck sit when you need it :) Because, who doesn't love ducklings?

Hey Disney,
I used an old frisbee for a feeder. Now that the ducks are full sized, I just fling a few scoops of food into their pasture and let them forage.

The 5' round kiddie pool served as both a pool and brooder. Picked it up at Lowes for $16. In this pic the ducklings are a few days old and swimming just fine. I put some landscaping stones in the middle just above the water level if they needed it. They were always supervised at this size.

Looking forward to seeing your pics.
Enjoy,
Rich

Hey one thing I think that might help is to feed the ducklings out of your hand A LOT! (make sure they are clean, of course). This will probably cause them to be very social and cuddly. I am speaking with the experience of raising two baby birds, not very similar, but it is definitely worth a try. I am going to try this when I get my babies... 43 more days until they come!!! (but who's counting?
wink.png
).

Hey one thing I think that might help is to feed the ducklings out of your hand A LOT! (make sure they are clean, of course). This will probably cause them to be very social and cuddly. I am speaking with the experience of raising two baby birds, not very similar, but it is definitely worth a try. I am going to try this when I get my babies... 43 more days until they come!!! (but who's counting? ;) ).

Good tip!! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom