Newbie Duckling Owner!! Help!!

Hi there, I'm also a newbie. Ive had my ducks for a year now and they just had some ducklings of thier own! (Evil Pekin X Cayuga ).
In terms of food: Mazuri makes food that is special for waterfowl, including a starter, but I have never tried it. My ducklings seem to really like the Encore non-medicated chick starter, with some chick grit mixed in. The grit is real important, having no teeth they use it to grind up food. Older ducklings also enjoy koi food, meal worms, and veggies. Along with the food they need water deep enough that they can rinse thier nostrils in. In my experience poultry fountains aren't appropriate for the ducklings since the water becomes fouled with food waste quickly, so I just use a wide shallow Tupperware and change it often.

Heating really depends on the ambient temperature of wherever your keeping them, and the stability of that ambient temperature. Its important that they be able to move toards the warmth when they need it and away from it when they don't. I take a box and line it with grass to insulate and put it in thier pen so they have a dark quiet snuggly place, they seem to appreciate this. and don't laugh but I always sing the same song when I approach them, it calms them since the know its me. Also, they appreciate being able to curl up against you during tv time but beware of poop!

Good luck with your ducklings!

WHAT?
This site is to remain helpful. Not sarcastic.
My sincere apologies. I was not trying to be offensive. My intent was to poke fun at us in the US that couldn't get past the difficulties of adopting the metric standard. I was trying to be helpful by providing the formula to convert the temps. It sounded funny in my head as I typed it and didn't realize it would come across that sarcastic.
Again my apologies.

My sincere apologies. I was not trying to be offensive. My intent was to poke fun at us in the US that couldn't get past the difficulties of adopting the metric standard. I was trying to be helpful by providing the formula to convert the temps. It sounded funny in my head as I typed it and didn't realize it would come across that sarcastic.
Again my apologies.
Thanks for clearing up the confusion.
Enjoy your day.

Back
Top Bottom