Newbie from Chicago

Hi All,

I'm so glad i found this site! I recently became interested in raising chickens and this seems like a great place to figure out how to do it. I'm still in the researching phase but I'm hoping to start mini flock by July. I do live in the city so space is an issue which is why I'm planning on having 4 chickens max. I have a 5 1/2 x 20 foot space I'm planning on fencing for the coop and run. I'm also planning on getting Bantams instead of standard size chickens. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can buy started bantam pullets? I don't really have the space for chicks and I also have a dog, which doesn't seem like a great mix :)
Thanks!
Melissa
Hi, Melissa,

In Chicago, we (I live in Rogers Park) have a feed store that sells chicks - Belmont Feed Supply. They have a high review rating in Yelp. I'm itching to go there soon. I'm closing on a house with a pretty large backyard here in Rogers Park next month. I'm more excited about the chickens than I am about the rest of the house.

Chicago Chicken Enthusiasts: We also have a great resource here in Chicago that I'm going to explore: www.chicagochickens.org The 2016 Windy City Coop Tour will be on Saturday and Sunday, Sept 17-18. Host Applications will be up in July-August. Maps and site info will be posted in early September at www.chicagochickens.org

Good Luck!

JS

Back
Top Bottom