NEWBIE FROM FL NEEDS HELP

ladybugann

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 6, 2012
Hi, I have 3 month old chicks that will not eat anything but corn on cob and crickets. I have tried to introduce lots of other things such as; worms, yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, scramble eggs, beans, peas, raw broccoli, cailfower, sunflower seeds and much more. But they turn their nose up. Crickets are getting expensive. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Tammy

Just one. Give them grower or flock raiser feed and water. Nothing else. It won't take them long to get hungry and eat. Don't give in.

You can reintroduce treats after a bit, but I'd keep it to 10% or less of their total daily intake.

I agree, they are just like spoiled kids. I use to mix some scratch grains in with my hens layer feed but all they were eating was the scratch grains nothing else. Not any more. Now they get a cup of scratch tossed into the outside pen in the morning and that's it. They are now eating their layer feed. Good luck to you.

Hello and Welcome, from Sugarloaf Mountain, Clermont, Florida. It's called tough love, you can do it. You need to join the Florida thread lots of great people on it to help you out. Where are you and what all do you have?

Maye

Back
Top Bottom