Newbie from Mississippi

annab1130

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 1, 2014
South Mississippi
Hello backyard chicken world! I'm new to this whole chicken thing! My husband and I just started our flock. We have 6 Rhode Island reds, 3 wyandottes, and 3 brown leghorns. We're a month in, and I'm already in love!
1f60a.png
2764.png
1f413.png

We live in South Mississippi on a little over 4 acres out in the country. It's usually pretty quiet around our house, so I'm excited about having our flock around.

Any advice would be considered and greatly appreciated! Thanks y'all!

images

Welcome to BYC!

Looks like Kelsie has set you up with the links! Definitely do some reading in our learning center here on BYC for lots of great reads on all the aspects of keeping poultry.

Great to have you aboard and enjoy your new adventure!

frow.gif
Get the biggest, bestest coop you can afford as chicken math will get you in trouble. Cute chicks!

Welcome to BYC - I agree with theoldchick. Make or obtain a coop much bigger than you think you will be needing.

Hello backyard chicken world! I'm new to this whole chicken thing! My husband and I just started our flock. We have 6 Rhode Island reds, 3 wyandottes, and 3 brown leghorns. We're a month in, and I'm already in love!
1f60a.png
2764.png
1f413.png

We live in South Mississippi on a little over 4 acres out in the country. It's usually pretty quiet around our house, so I'm excited about having our flock around.

Any advice would be considered and greatly appreciated! Thanks y'all!

They are better than watching television.. How eggciting.. So glad you joined in.. AND. :welcome
Keep us posted
:woot

:frow   Get the biggest, bestest coop you can afford as chicken math will get you in trouble.  Cute chicks!

Thanks. My husband is building it now and should be finished this weekend. He wanted something small and I insisted he nearly double the size of his original plans. I don't know the actual specs, but I think it should work for what we have. That is, unless some more chickens just happen to find their way to our house. *wink wink*
1f609.png

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your chicken raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know! Glad to have you with us. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)!
It is the best place to go for advice!

Back
Top Bottom