Newbie from Ontario

PuffedFinch

Hatching
Feb 26, 2017
Ontario
Hey there! I've been lurking since last summer and though I don't have the room for any chooks I admire them a lot and have a ton of fun browsing the forum, so I decided I should join so that I might be able to chat once in a while.
jumpy.gif

From purely an appearance standpoint, White-faced Black Spanish are probably my favourite breed, though the winters here can be so rough that I probably wouldn't be able to ever keep some, let alone them seeming very rare. Otherwise, I love the look of Wyandotte, Orpingtons, and handsome mystery-mutts; I feel like if I could keep birds, I'd be a large-fowl kinda gal, lol!

I do have a question though: does the forum usually load slower when you're logged in compared to being logged out? It's feeling really sluggish.

It does seem to load slowly for me and I am almost always logged in. In regard to your weather "Chanticleers " were bred to withstand the Canadian weather extremes. One of our Canadian BYCERS Tara, has been raising and breeding them in Alberta and they do very well for her in severe cold temps, as do her other animals.

You might like to drop in and sample her wisdom. She has a thread called "J'est another day in Pear A Dice." She also has hair sheep, ducks, geese, swans, a Llama ,chickens of course and 2 great Australian Cattle dogs.

There is also a Canadian thread " Canadians, check in here."

welcome-byc.gif

Make yourself at home here...there's always someone around to chat chickens with!

@drumstick diva , Chanteclers are so handsome too, I'd forgotten about them! I'll definitely drop in, even if I just lurk like usual. :)

Thank you guys for welcoming me so warmly! Chickens really seem to bring people from all over the world together.

Welcome to BYC Finch :frow :welcome

My friend here on BYC, chicken4prez lives in Ontario Canada and I know she has a Silkie or two.Buff Orps, Wyandottes, Barred Rocks, Easter Eggers, And Blaçk Giants and Blaçk Austrolorps do really well to.As do Brahmas.And Cochins, or as far as I know.

Welcome Again to our BYC Roost!There are THOSANDS of peeps on this roost, so jump on in and CHAT CHAT CHAT!And hopefully someday you can have your own CHICKIES aswell!

G’Day from down under PuffedFinch
frow.gif
Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom