Newbie from the Great White North

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Are you adding lots and lots of ventilation? Like to the tune of 1 sq ft per bird? And giving them plenty of space inside the coop? 4 sq ft of floor space and 1 linear foot of roost space per bird?
Keep it DRY and keep drafts off of roosted birds and have plenty of ventilation and the birds will do very well.
I
Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Are you adding lots and lots of ventilation? Like to the tune of 1 sq ft per bird? And giving them plenty of space inside the coop? 4 sq ft of floor space and 1 linear foot of roost space per bird?
Keep it DRY and keep drafts off of roosted birds and have plenty of ventilation and the birds will do very well.
i am hoping so. I have 2 vents on the roof. 2 4x1.5 windows that open and 1 5x1.5 window that also opens. I have tried to arrange the roosts and nesting boxes so that they won’t be in a draft.

Hi there! Being new, I had a similar concern about how winter and chickens would fare together. If there's anything I've learned on BackYard Chickens, though, it's that if you have a question then there's a chicken (or bird) to recommend for that. Enjoy the forums!

Back
Top Bottom