Newbie From The Philippines!

Quote:
Thank you!

Meat. Eggs are a (very rare) bonus though. Just starting. There are about 10 or so chickens now. Coop is under construction. Plans are for 50 or so chickens. I would like to get a breed that gets larger than the native chickens though. They are rather small, but are well adapted to working for a meal! Our corn crop was just harvested, so there is plenty of Chicken food!

i'm here in the phillppines too
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
from New Mexico !!!

My Father was in the Philippines during World War II...on the island of Luzon (Bataan Peninsula). Very near where tebzz is located (Manila).
I think it would be nice to be there NOW. It is very COLD and snowy HERE right now...and Spring seems a long way off!

I understand that chickens are very popular in the Philippines...but not so much for Meat or Eggs....

It's nice to have you here at Backyard Chickens!

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Last edited:
frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. With the price of feed here in the US, sometimes it is not cost effective. But then, when you think of the fact you know what is being fed to your poultry, it is all worth it.
thumbsup.gif

Hi,
I am a Fil-Am myself. I agree with you that getting a dual purpose chicken is the best way to go in the Philippines. That's what i've been doing. I sent a chicken hatching eggs from United States to the Philippines. I have 3 Black Australorp,2 Buff Orpington,1 Barred Rock and they are now 4 months old. Just recently, I sent 1 dozen of Jersey Giant and 1 dozen of Rhode Island Reds hatching eggs and just 2 days ago 6 of the JG and 5 of the RIR hatched.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom