Newbie hatching eggs! Day 4 pic.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by roughcountry, Aug 15, 2016.

1. roughcountry

roughcountry Just Hatched

Aug 11, 2016
    Hello everyone! I'm new here. Long story short, I rescued some 6 week old Muscovy ducklings dumped at our local park, but the father was unable to be caught. On a trip back to check on him, I found three eggs in the water. I went against everything I read, and in hopes that they dropped the eggs when the ran from me, I started incubation anyway. I'm using a farm innovations pro series digital, which seems to be inaccurate, and I don't think it's even turning the eggs.

That's beside my point actually. After getting the temp right on this inaccurate machine, I finally got the egg temps to 98.7, and here on day 4-5, I see veins in one of the eggs! I'm posting a pic to get opinions, as to if this looks normal and such. Veins in one egg isn't too bad, considering I think I had a 99.9% chance of no development whatsoever! Thanks ahead of time![​IMG]

2. roughcountry

Aug 11, 2016
    I didn't mention that these eggs may be either mallard or pekin, not really sure.

3. mich9510

mich9510 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2016
    Southwest PA
    Wow! Good for you. I have no experience incubating eggs but I think that's really exciting!

4. roughcountry

Aug 11, 2016
    The sensor got pulled out of the control panel by the egg rotator :(. It fried all of them, including my growing baby. But now I know eggs found in water (if not there too awful long) will grow if they are fertilized!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by