Newbie hatching eggs! Day 4 pic.

roughcountry

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2016
Hello everyone! I'm new here. Long story short, I rescued some 6 week old Muscovy ducklings dumped at our local park, but the father was unable to be caught. On a trip back to check on him, I found three eggs in the water. I went against everything I read, and in hopes that they dropped the eggs when the ran from me, I started incubation anyway. I'm using a farm innovations pro series digital, which seems to be inaccurate, and I don't think it's even turning the eggs.

That's beside my point actually. After getting the temp right on this inaccurate machine, I finally got the egg temps to 98.7, and here on day 4-5, I see veins in one of the eggs! I'm posting a pic to get opinions, as to if this looks normal and such. Veins in one egg isn't too bad, considering I think I had a 99.9% chance of no development whatsoever! Thanks ahead of time!

The sensor got pulled out of the control panel by the egg rotator :(. It fried all of them, including my growing baby. But now I know eggs found in water (if not there too awful long) will grow if they are fertilized!

Back
Top Bottom