Newbie here from California!

Hi y'all! I've been on the forum for a while and just got to posting an introduction now. You'll probably find me on the "I don't know what's wrong with my hens/chicks thread" most often because I have virtually no experience :gig
But learning more as time goes on!

Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I first got chickens in the spring of 2020, on my fresh 5 acre property. I started with 4 grown egg layers and 15 lil chicks, and since then my chicken obsession has doubled in size :jumpy

What breeds do you have?
My flock ranges from buff orpingtons to white brahmas to barred rocks and easter eggers with just a hint of silkies, as well as some unknown breeds 😅

What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
So far my favorite part of raising chickens is the "raising" part! I think I unintentionally became a hatching fanatic, hatching more eggs than I can chew :p
But it's quite worth it, watching those adorable little fluffy fuzz balls grow up to become handsome roos or beautiful hens

What are some of your other hobbies?
Other hobbies include reading, writing, a tiny bit of art, keeping my needy parrot company, fishkeeping...and that's it! I'm a very boring person XD

Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I found BYC needing some advice on a very sickly chick, and here I learned by the loving community I can't save them all, but I can try :D
I can't wait to become closer to y'all and I hope we'll have some fun times together :celebrate
:frowWelcome!

Back
Top Bottom