Newbie here :P

Juevos Rancheras

In the Brooder
Feb 7, 2023
Florida
Hello,
My name is Angela. I lurke around this website for info on chickens. I live in rural Florida and now have 8 chickens. I have a Red Laced Wyandot, A Rhode Island Red, A Jersey Giant, a Bielefelder, and 4 light brown leghorns. I have noticed they sleep in the nesting boxes huddled together. I am worried poop will get all over the eggs when they start laying. My other dilema, is the 4 leghorns are the oldest of the 8 pullets. A couple of them don't like going into the coop at night and like to perch up on the roof of the coop instead. Is this safe for all night? I lock up the run, and don't mind leaving the ramp open if ya'll think it's safe to?
Any suggestions helpful :)
Angela

Hello,
My name is Angela. I lurke around this website for info on chickens. I live in rural Florida and now have 8 chickens. I have a Red Laced Wyandot, A Rhode Island Red, A Jersey Giant, a Bielefelder, and 4 light brown leghorns. I have noticed they sleep in the nesting boxes huddled together. I am worried poop will get all over the eggs when they start laying. My other dilema, is the 4 leghorns are the oldest of the 8 pullets. A couple of them don't like going into the coop at night and like to perch up on the roof of the coop instead. Is this safe for all night? I lock up the run, and don't mind leaving the ramp open if ya'll think it's safe to?
Any suggestions helpful :)
Angela
Welcome to BYC!!

Howdy, Angela :frow and Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Happy :ya to have you here with us. Enjoy your time here at BYC!

Glad you decided to de-lurk!

animated-indian-and-redskin-image-0031.gif

Thanks for joining our community! :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom