Newbie here...what have I got?

woodguy

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 2, 2010
Bushwood
My wife brought home 15 chicks on Easter weekend. We separated them so they wouldn't peck each other to death.
I have yet to build a coop but I would like to know what I have.

black.jpg

bantam.jpg

white.jpg

brown1.jpg

brown2.jpg

I am new too...but the 3rd pic of the white ones look like my leghorns. The 4th and 5th pic with the grey speckled and rust colored ones look like my EE's possibly a production red in there.

Hope it helps.

The first one may be a austrolop but it sorta looks like my barred rock.

Pic #2 looks like they have silkie in them.

welcome-byc.gif

wow you have alot for a newby like me. but ditto to the white leghorns they look like my 1 that I think is a leghorn. havent a clue about the rest but the 2nd pic is a bunch of cuties.
erica

that first black one looks like a black sex link, judging by the golden tinge on the breast feathers. Second group sure does look like silkies. The white ones... uh I dont really know! But the last pics- the two deeper red ones are most likely RIRs and the lighter red with white underfeathering is a red sex link (also called golden comet, cinnamon queen, etc)
well, theres my two cents worth. lol
smile.png
hope it helps

1st pic looks like a black sex link pullet. 2nd looks like silkies. 3rd white leghorn?? with 3 roos. 4the looks like 3 RIR pullets and NIR (possinly a roo) or red sex link and another roo that I am not sure of the breed. I am not an expert, these are just my best guesses.

welcome-byc.gif

I'll take a guess-
1st is a black sex link
2nd- silkies??
3rd- leghorns
4th- dark ones are RIR, lighter one looks like my red star (red sex link), and that white one with some black looks like it might be a Delaware.

Aloha and
welcome-byc.gif
the flock!!!

1st: Looks like a Black Sex-linked or EE....may even be a Rooster.
2nd: Silkies or Silkie Crosses of some kind.
3rd: Could be Leghorns, Rhode Island whites, or Cornish Crosses cause they have a little girth on them but could just be the pictures.
4th & 5th: White w/ Black Specks-Delaware Roo, Brown with white- Red star, 2 Dark Red- Rhode Island Red, Red w/ Black on neck and wing tips-New Hampshire Red or Barnyard mix.

I am unsure where you got them from. But if it was an auction, trade off, and or give away type of thing then you may just have a plethora of mix breeds. But non-the-less you have quite a flock to start off with. But you may also have 6+ boys there too. I do not know if you will keep them but that is a choice. You have beautiful Birds!!! Congratulations!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom